Do you crave a good shave? Trim on a whim? The timeless art of barbering is where it’s at! Our Barber program includes basic training in Florida laws and rules while prepping you for an exciting new career!
Ready to blend an ancient profession with cutting-edge techniques? Stick with us and we’ll groom you to become a licensed barber. Sure, you can just take a little off the top, but we go beyond that. This program teaches “The Art of Barbering.” It’s just our fancy way of saying we’ll cover shaving, hair cutting, and styling. Through hands-on practice and lectures, we’ll provide the tools if you’ll provide the passion!
Is a Professional Barbering Career Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Barber Career Training Readiness score now!
We’ll teach you all about:
- Classic and modern styles for short, long, and extra long hair
- Hair cutting techniques using scissors, shears, thinning shears, clippers, trimmers, straight razors
- Fades (low fade, high fade, taper fade, bald fade, comb over fade)
- Buzz cut
- Tapered cuts like the Crew cut, Ivy League cut, Caesar cut
- Undercuts and it’s variations like Quiff cut, Mohawk, Faux hawk, comb-over and Pompadour
- Long hair styles using scissors and shears, including asymmetrical cuts, top knot (man bun), slick back, mop top, high top fade
- The neckline is important, we’ll make sure you master the different techniques
- Freestyle Designs – we’ll give you some techniques and tricks of the trade so you perfect those lines, angles and intricate patterns
- Straight razor shaves – using hot towels or vaporizer, you will have customers coming back for this vintage service
- Beard styles – full beard, partial beard, mustache, goatee, your clients will rock them with pride
- Tools and implements: straight razor, clippers, trimmers, scissors, thinning shears, hair dryer
- Hair shampooing and conditioning, hair color, hair and scalp treatments because we train you to be a master barber
- Resume development, job interview skills and professional ethics
- Barbershop business management
Our curriculum balances demonstrations and lectures with practical experience so you can exercise your mind and your hands! Once you’ve finished our program, you’ll be ready to take the Florida Barber licensure exam.
Our Barber program is 1200 clock hours and can take 10 to 12 months to complete. The actual completion time depends on you, your schedule, and how often you attend. Get started now!
Get More Info